Wednesday 25 June 2008

Typhoon

There is a Chinese phrase saying „If nice and lovely people leave their house the weather will celebrate this with rain and thunder”. If this is true I am an amazing person because Hong Kong welcomed me with a black thunderstorm and says Goodbye with a Typhoon and as I saw 5 minutes ago again with a thunderstorm. I would prefer sunshine for celebration ;) The warning came up yesterday evening so that we had to leave the Uni really abrupt to get home save. From a warning 3 it went rapidly to 8 (the highest one). Since this happened yesterday night time I was sure that it won’t affect my flight this morning – but …..

I took around 1.5 hours to get a taxi to the airport – horrible drive.

Now I am sitting in a café because my flight will be at least 4 hours delayed – you can’t see anything outside. After checking the Hong Kong Observatory website I was shocked by all the signs: Red Thunderstorm warning, Typhoon 8, flooding and additional Thunderstorm sign …. GREAT!

My husband’s answer was: I hope you can make it to the half final ;)

No comments: