Thursday 5 June 2008

A lot of work

Before we started with the course someone said: "when you made it through Hillary - everything else is a walk in the park" - unfortunately I can't remember who it was but it is absolutely not true. This term is really hard. I was lucky that it started pretty ok, but right now it is really on the edge to getting difficult to stand.

Without complaining - here is my list of work for this term:



looks pretty busy, doesn't it. :-)

Well, anyhow: I better stop blogging and go back to the Private Equity assignment which is due on Monday.

Just a quick note on what else is going on:

On Saturday we had the Sylvester awards which is something like the Oscar's but for MBAs. There were awards in categories like:

most loved lecturer
best pub crawler (for the person hanging out at pubs most of the time)
schmoozing (best networker)

and many more.

I was nominated for "best all around / nicest person"



but couldn't win against Gareth who obviously is even nicer than me ;-) I think he well deserves the award, so: congratulations!

Dress code was "spicy black tie" and there were so many people with wigs around that I couldn't resist to have a picture of me wearing one of the best ones:



The evening carried on with karaoke in the common room,



dancing at Bar Risa, more dancing at Anuba, kebab on St. Giles (my first one in Oxford) and finally Tequilla Fanta at Brent's place.



Puh, what a night. I came home at six in the morning but managed to be at school for meetings from 12:30. We worked till the school closed at midnight, when I went home to proceed till six. After 90 minutes sleep the alarm rang, I handed in my Private Equity assignment at the examination school and went to school to finish the Derivatives assignment which was due at 5 pm that day. Well deserved I spent the evening doing nothing but eating and watching movies :-)

On Tuesday I was invited for dinner at Katy's, Francois' and Christie's house where Nick cooked a fantastic pasta sauce. It was a very nice evening in great company and I feel really sad when I get remembered that we have only a couple of days to go in this term and only weeks till the program is over.


On anther note: I finally figured out what I'm going to do over the summer. I will do a Summer Consulting Project with a London based Hedge fund. In a team of four we will spend eight weeks in London exploring future business opportunities for the fund. I'm really curious to see how a Hedge fund actually works but at the same time I'm a bit scared by the amount of math that will be involved in the project. I will write more about the project once we figured out how strict the confidentiality is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness your final term sounds as horrendous as ours.... hope you made it through!