Thursday 8 May 2008

On the way to Paris

A group of round 150 of us met this morning at 5:00 to start our journey to Paris. Although it was pretty early and quite a number of us had a heavy workload over the last days to get assignments done before the tournament, it seemed as if everyone made it on the buses.

We are now on our way to Dover where we will enter the ferry. Our expected arrival time in Paris is 4 pm. I keep my fingers crossed we make it without major delays.

The weather in France is expected to be great and while I write this I recognize, that I forgot my sunglasses :-(

During the tournament I will compete in "Cross Country" and "Ultimate Frisbee".
Cross Country is basically a team marathon with teams of six running 7 km each. We have some pretty strong runners on the program and I'm curious what their times will be. I didn't have the chance to practice a lot for running, so I don't expect anything ;-)

Ultimate Frisbee is a teamsport and should be fun. We practiced regularly over the last weeks and I hope we can achieve a good placement in the end for all the hard work to pay off :-)

Maybe I have the chance to blog from France...

No comments: