Sunday 29 July 2007

Another short update from our weekend

Today is my birthday :-) and I had a great two-piece party. Yesterday evening my best friend Rafi stopped by for a beer, some Citronella (I will explain this in a post later on) some games on his Playstation and some chitchat. I don’t know how well known the game Singstar is, but anyway, we tock a toll on our neighbors’ nerves with our karaoke performance…





After I got a hearty serenade in Polish (Klaudia’s and Rafi’s families are from there) and really nice presents, we continued the evening in the Essence Club in Essen.



Today we celebrated with our families. Klaudia had won a “Party special” from a small brewery (Dampfbierbrauerei) in our neighborhood which she donated. We had homemade beer, fried sausages, sauerkraut, roast potatoes, cordial and lard sandwiches. This typical German food was good as usual and we had a very pleasant afternoon with nice chats. On our way home we stopped at a fun-fair so that our niece Emily had a ride on the carousel.










This was a really nice birthday. Hopefully we will be able to celebrate my next one with all the family members, again. This all the more since we will be at least one person more: We came to know today that my sister Mareike and her husband Thomas are expecting her second child! All the best to you!

No comments: