Wednesday 26 September 2007

What happened in the meanwhile…

Time is running so fast for us at the moment. It’s been more than a week that I’m in Oxford now and there are lots of things to write:

After moving our things to Oxford as mentioned in the last post I drove back to Germany with Rafi to visit my grandfather on his 80th birthday. My Swiss uncle and I made a surprise visit and had a good time with parts of the family. As you can see having only little hair is a rampant thing in our family.

This is my uncle with his uncle and me during the birthday dinner.

Following the birthday party I’ve been in Essen for two days before visiting Rafi in Liederbach for a two day farewell trip. Sorry, now pictures…

Finally I attended Heike’s and Flo’s wedding on Saturday which was a really great party starting with the “civil marriage” in Mülheim and a big evening event in Essen. Since I didn’t manage to buy a new camera yet there is only one picture:

Me with Luisa, Mirja’s and Jörg’s cute daughter.

On Sunday I finally moved to the island with a fully stuffed car and a weird feeling in my stomach. But it was like coming home in a way. Klaudia has been kind enough to clean up our flat and make it a real home!


Since then I’m having a great time. Although there are loads of things to do (open bank account, register for all the student stuff, buy books, get student id, meet new classmates, buy sub fusc, get preliminary reading done and so on) it’s really exciting.

It feels like the city is bursting from all the energy in the forefront of the new academic year. That is really cool!

Have a look at the impressions of the last days here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoi hoi,
stay cool und always remember what happened in "The porterhouse" some years ago!

All the best to you both!

lori